Console / Terminal for GameMaker: Studio 2 [extension]
A downloadable Extension
NOTE: This is an extension designed to work specifically with the software GameMaker: Studio 2
View the online documentation to explore the available functions.
Make your life easier with the UBG Terminal! Designed to be extremely easy to set up for quick debugging but flexible enough for game-specific customization, you will be pleased with the experience of using this extension.
A single function call is all it takes to generate the entire working terminal system. It will generate a terminal with default values that can be tweaked through function calls if you so wish.
At this point you can either 1) call the "quick define" script that will define a number of commands for you automatically to get you going quickly or 2) define your own custom commands to do whatever you wish!
This terminal is fully equipped to suit your needs. Here are just some of the numerous features available to you.
- Argument hints
- Intelligent hints can see and suggest game resources (scripts, rooms, objects, instances, etc) automatically
- Command /Argument autocomplete
- Terminal history scrolling, line-wrap, and multi-line detection
- Change terminal colors, input style, prompt styles, size, line count, font spacing, and more!
- Several build-in themes also included for your convenience
- Terminal auto-adjusts to different font types and sizes
- Cursor control, auto line-wrap, optional charset limitations
- Numerous optional pre-defined commands to get going quickly
- Full support for custom command definitions of any argument count
- Command overloading supported
- User argument inputs can optionally have their datatypes auto-converted for your script handling.
Platform Support / Resources
This system is programmed in native GML for maximum compatibility. However, it is designed for a system with keyboard input. While it is possible to make it work for a keyboard-less system through the provided functions, for any of the automatic systems to work the client must have a keyboard.
Is there something not here that you want? This extension is actively developed and we'll be listening to customer requests! Do you need more build-in commands, themeing options, or functionality? Let us know.
- Fixed bug where typing a space at the beginning of a command caused an error.
In order to download this Extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.